As a baby you were born with all the confidence in the world but as you grew your confidence was stolen from you. Many people appear to be confident. They put themselves out there, they smile and say all the right things and yet, believe it or not, inside they are not so confident.
They do doubt themselves, they do have fears and anxieties, hell they even get depressed. And yet despite this they are trying to act confidently in their lives and grow their confidence.
- Be responsible for your own life. Do not blame other people for your lack of confidence, empower yourself and do what you need to do to grow your confidence. Can you think of a time when you didn’t take responsibility for yourself? What happened?
- Take a class or a course. A lack of confidence is often due to a lack of experience or knowledge. Educate yourself.
- Follow your passion. What really turns you on? You cannot help but be confident when following your passion.
- Read books about topics that interest you. Build up your general knowledge.
- Catch up with some of your old school chums that you haven’t seen in a while. Have a great time reminiscing and talking over where you are now and listen in to where they are also. You may find that they are all lacking in confidence in some areas of their lives. Ask for support in growing your confidence and give support back.
- Take up a new hobby or career, something that you have always wanted to do but never felt confident enough. Push through the self-doubt and fear, remember action overcomes fear.
- Write your way to confidence. Begin a confidence journal where you can express all your thoughts and doubts on your confidence issues. Sometimes just writing about how we feel about ourselves releases our inner confidence.
- Do what people say you cannot do. Be a rebel. Did your parents ever tell you that you could never do something? Spite them and do it.
- Learn to laugh at yourself. Accept yourself as you are and laugh at your faults, no one is perfect.
- Be positive about your achievements and do not compare yourself to others, you are your own unique person.
An investment in growing your self-confidence is an investment in your whole life.
Are you investing in your self- confidence?
This is your life we are talking about.
What kind of things are you doing to rock your self- confidence?